Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Family Fun Day!

I know I will not win any awards for blogging this week, and for that I apologize! DH actually had an entire weekend off this past weekend, so we spent the entire weekend on the go with family funness. (Is that a word?) Saturday we went to the zoo in Columbia, and today we went to Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock NC. Absolutely amazing place! We were literally on top of a mountain to pick apples and even though it was overcast it was breathtaking. Here is a small taste of the view we enjoyed:
The trees were filled with lots of apples, the kids decided they wanted to pick Fuji and I was all too happy to oblige. YUM!
Wandering through the orchard finding the best trees to pick from took a lot of time but was worth the effort!
There were playgrounds to play on, apple cider, and picnic areas, but the best of all were these:
Hot apple cider donuts. Oh my goodness they were magical. They literally took them from the fryer, tossed them in sugar and cinnamon, and put them in packaging for me. (I did not not eat three...)

I have a feeling that this place will be an annual tradition from now on for our family, and we look forward to another trip up that way in a few weeks when we hit peak foliage to visit Chimney Rock State Park. Tomorrow, apple recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment