Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Dinner

The garden is going CRAZY!!! Well not all of it, but the tomatoes are plentiful and I haven't yet killed my basil plant. :) I have a TON of tomatoes, and there is nothing better than cooking with something that you picked fresh from your garden. So with that in mind, I used these:
And this:
Added some garlic...
And made an AMAZING Chicken Bruschetta Bake. Yum! It's actually a pretty light dish, so it's great for summer. I also like that it's a one dish meal, it's colorful, and most importantly, my children eat it without complaining. (Everyone except Buggy who doesn't like chunks of tomatoes. Can't win them all...)
Then for dessert I made Brown Sugar Banana cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting. A friend of mine showed up at my door with a plate of these several weeks ago and the kids LOVED them, so I wanted to make them as a special treat for them. If you're brave, let me know how the avocado buttercream turns out, my friend used homemade caramel icing and I was going to do the same but didn't have all the ingredients to execute my plan. Cream cheese frosting turned out just as well though!
By the way, I'm finding LOADS of amazing recipes and ideas these days on Pinterest! If you haven't checked out this fabulous new website, run on over to check it out for yourself. You'll be as hooked as I am! Feel free to follow me at http://pinterest.com/thesostitcher!

1 comment:

  1. I am hooked on pinterest. I really didn't need another site to waste time with, but it is so easy to get sucked in. the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete