Sunday, January 13, 2013

Monthly Goals: January

We all make goals, we all make lists.  What I notice is that we don't always tend to stick to those lists.  One of my biggest faults is that I procrastinate.  A lot.  I find however, that writing down my goals seems to help keep me accountable so I've decided that every month I'll make a list of the things that I want to accomplish for the next month.  Then the following month I'll let you know what I accomplished and make a new list.  Some of them may be ongoing, some of them may be short term, but I truly think that if I put them out in blog land it might help me stay on task.  ;)

January's list is going to be a bit shorter since we're already halfway through the month, but I've got to start somewhere!

1.  Clean out Mistress's room and sell/donate anything that she has outgrown or doesn't use anymore.
2.  Figure out an incentive system that helps my kids be nicer to each other.
3.  Make the majority of our food from scratch.  (As we speak my first attempt at homemade burger buns are rising!)
4.  Do one load of laundry every day so that I keep on top of it.  (I was really good at this for a while but got out of the habit during the holidays.  Need to get back to it!)
5.  Get my kids to do more routine chores.
6.  Reduce (even eliminate) food waste!
7.  Have the kitchen cleaned and everything ready for the next day every night before I go to bed.
8.  Blog at least twice a week, one being a project.
9.  Hit 80 followers!  (Threw this one in just for fun!)
10.  Keep track of the cost of anything I put back on the shelf in a store because I was tempted to buy it.    Keep track of the cost of anytime I skip the drive through or takeout and make dinner/lunch at home instead.  Tally it up and transfer the total to savings at the end of the month.

So there you have it, my goals for January.  I'll check back with you in February and let you know how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment