Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Recipe Saturday

In keeping with my healthy approach to eating I have been trying a ton of new recipes this week off of Pinterest.

First off, Marsala Chicken and Mushroom Casserole. Very good, although I think when I make it again I will double the sauce and grease the pan a bit. The rice stuck a LOT. Overall it was delicious though, and the whole family liked it. I also substituted evaporated milk for the cream to save on the calorie and fat content. I do that a lot, and can honestly say that I have never noticed a taste or consistency difference. Definitely recommend this one!

Second, I tried a healthy banana bread recipe. Made with whole wheat flour, honey in place of sugar and unsweetened applesauce in place of oil, it was moist, rich, and delicious. It most definitely doesn't taste like the banana bread you are used to, but it was fantastic in it's own way. The kids all loved it and so did the grown ups!

Finally, Quinoa Bites. I have to say these weren't my favorite thing ever, but I think that's because they didn't taste how they looked. Does that make sense? If I tried them again, I would probably add more cheese and some more flavoring. (Onion, garlic, pepper, etc) The Honey Dijon Sauce that I made to go with them though was really delicious!

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment