Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Little Catching Up...

I know, I know, I've been a little MIA since the great craft room makeover.  Believe it or not, I have actually used said room, just not a whole lot that is post worthy.  Here's what I have been doing!

I've gotten my fall garden planted, the beans, peas, onions, and broccoli are all coming along nicely!
 The spinach on the other hand, well, something is eating all the sprouts.  Not sure what, but they are eating the lettuce sprouts in my pots too.  Ugh.

 I've been supervising construction projects, this is the most well nailed pallet in the entire state of South Carolina.
 This is what happens when I tell Mistress that it's time for a shower.  My saving grace is that she ALWAYS forgets about hiding her feet.
 We went apple picking at Sky Top Orchard in the mountains of North Carolina.  It is absolutely beautiful up there, and if nothing else the hot apple cider donuts are worth the drive!  SO yummy!
Mistress turned 4, so I threw her a little party at the local YMCA water park.  We got rained out halfway through, but it was fun while it lasted!  The cupcakes were a fantastic recipe that I found and I finished them off with a simple buttercream.  I actually made the cake toppers, and the fabric I used for a little table accent later became a pillowcase for Mistress's room.
 The treat buckets were really fun, I was the crazy lady sitting outside the dollar tree switching handles and shovels so that they all matched.  Yup, I'm that crazy.

 
Bug brought home a simile book from school.  I'm framing this page.
 And finally, how fun to make faces in homemade ice cream for the kids?  They loved it!




Also, DH has just finished FIVE business trips in the last month, so I'm hoping that now that he's back and the kids are all in school I may just have time to do something else fun.  Until then!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO glad to see a new post; I was having withdrawal! Good to see you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks great!
    Love Carter's project...so true!

    ReplyDelete