Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Toad in a Hole

I don't know about you but my kids love to have their sandwiches cut into shapes. If you are anything like me, you hate to waste the parts that you cut off of the shaped sandwiches. I have been just throwing the scraps into the bread crumb bin, but this morning I had an epiphany. Have you ever heard of toad in a hole? My younger two kids love it. This morning I decided to use a frog cookie cutter instead of just tearing out the middle of the bread like I usually do. After cutting out the frog, I realized that I had two perfect little bread frogs left over, and this is when the epiphany hit. I tossed those two little frogs into a baggie and saved them for lunch when they can become a PB&J or tiny grilled cheese! Yay! From now on, the cut out sandwiches will come on days that begin with toad in a hole. Or maybe flower in a hole, truck in a hole, train in a hole...

No comments:

Post a Comment